Wednesday, August 17, 2011

It Feels Like You're Here, Mom!

Yesterday in the mail, I received the most professional looking Teddy Bear Magazine I have ever had the pleasure to open ... though I couldn't read a word of it -  it's in German!  The Magazine is "Teddys Kreativ" and Verena Greene-Christ wrote an article about my bears - she included so many pictures (even though I can't read the words, it was fun to see the pictures!)   I feel so honored and humbled and all I could do was think "Mom would be so proud".   My Mom was such an amazing artist and her works were published in numerous magazines.  Every time one of my bears was published, I would send Mom a copy of the Magazine - since that's not possible, I will share it with you!  Still,  I can almost hear Mom all excited and chattering about what a lovely magazine it is and how wonderful the article is!  It feels like you're here, Mom!





9 comments:

  1. Congratulations, it looks like a lovely article. Although I used to live in Germany and speak a little german, I no longer have that ability, so I can't tell you what it says either.

    Hugs,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Meri! I have a cousin who speaks German fluently and I am going to visit him in a couple weeks, hopefully he will be able to translate for me! I tried "Google Translate" and my goodness, it read like a dark comedy including such phrases as I started designing my bears in the bathroom! Hugs, Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! It´s very nice!!!!
    Hugs, Conni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! Janice... the article looks really nice. The pictures are very well place and I love everything about it. I would love to own a copy of the magazine too. (*^^*)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Great magazine and your bears are all lovely in the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Esther and Ann! Esther, I still don't know how you can go about getting a copy of the magazine. I will email them and ask again! They sent me 3 copies for my personal use and I plan to keep one and give the others to family. I'll keep you posted!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, what a lovely article, I'm sure your mum's enjoying it somewhere :o) And what do you mean you didn't start designing bears in the bathroom? :oD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so very much, Katy! I think my Mom is most certainly rejoicing with me! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to comment. xxxx