Wednesday, July 31, 2019

A Christmas Card Tutorial

Time flies! It's been almost a year since the last time I visited my blog! I've been playing a lot more with paper and a lot less with fabric over the past year!  I still plan to make bears, but it's been over a year since I finished my last bear...time to start a new one!

I was recently asked by a lady from the facebook group "Tim Holtz Addicts" if I could provide a tutorial for a Christmas card that I shared on the site.  Tonight, I did my best (albeit lacks the professionalism of most tutorials), I'm hoping it helps the lady who asked!

The supplies I used were:
* Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
* 90 lb. watercolor paper for the flowers and leaves
* 140 lb. watercolor paper for the background and folded card base
* Tim Holtz Sizzix dies used:  Seasonal Scroll (664216), Tattered Poinsettia (658261), Holiday   Greens (658759) and Skeleton Leaves (663094)
* Recollections Clear Stamp and Die Set: Christmas Words
* Distress Oxide Sprays in various blues and greens
* Distress Spray Stain and Distress Mica Spray/Distress Oxides
* Distress Sprayer with water
* Distress Splatter Brush
* Fondant Steel Ball Tools (they can be purchased on eBay or Amazon)
* Mini Prills for the Stamens (they can be purchased on eBay or Amazon)
* Art Glitter Glue
* Glossy Accents
* Hot Glue
* Nuvo/Tonic Aqua Shimmer Glitter Pen Brush

Here is my photo tutorial ...

















Sorry there are so many photos!  Maybe one day I will learn how to make a short video!
Hugs & Blessings,  Janice 

22 comments:

  1. Great tutorial Janice! Thank you for making this as it is super helpful for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment, Juli! I appreciate you taking the time to read the tutorial! Hugs xxxx

      Delete
  2. Stunning and super tutorial..thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for sharing your process, this was a great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you took the time to read and comment, Barbara! Thank you!
      Hugs xxxx

      Delete
  4. Janice, thank you so much for the tutorial!! It is just perfect as it is—very easy to follow, and the instructions are concise and right along with the pictures. No flipping back and forth from written words to pictures. That can be a brain tease, not to mention constantly losing your place! This is fantastic, just as your cards are. They have taken my breath away! And the blues are an unexpected color palette that make one say “Oh!!”. Beautiful creations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. I truly appreciate you taking the time to comment and I am happy that you like the tutorial. Maybe one day, I'll figure out how to make a video and make it more professional! Hugs xxxx

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the tutorial. Never too many photos as it is great to see full step by step instructions of how you created those lovely colours in the flowers & leaves on your card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Pam! I'm happy that you like the tutorial.
      Hugs xxxx

      Delete
  6. Thank you! Looks amazing. I love the colors and your tutorial is easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, Darcy! I'm happy that you found the tutorial easy to follow!
      Hugs xxxx

      Delete
  7. I enjoyed your cards so much and I think this is a fabulous, well done tutorial. I could take some tips for writing tutorials as well as this! I will be bookmarking this for some creative fun. Now I need to go fetch me some bally tools! Thanks so much for all your hard work! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment, Sara! I really appreciate it. Can't wait to see what you make with the bally tools you buy!
      Hugs xxxx

      Delete
  8. Lovely, straightforward and very clear!! Thanks for taking the time to shoot AND post all this - I know the time it takes, lol! Will definitely be using this tutorial for seasonal cards.... I think it would be great around Easter as well with different petals. xx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lynn! There are a lot of beautiful flower dies to use for Easter, too! I appreciate you taking the time to read and comment. Hugs xxxx

      Delete
  9. great tutorial Janice and those flowers are just gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment, Kath! I appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Hugs xxxx

      Delete
  10. Came over from the addicts group and glad I did. Your tutorial was spot on. I love this card and wondered how you got your leaves so full while remaining smooth. Thanks so much for such a detailed tutorial. It’s much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it took me so long to reply! Thanks so much for your kind comment! The leaves were shaped with flower making tools.

      Delete

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to comment. xxxx