Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My 2010 "Mom's Here" Christmas Blessing!

Since I received so many sweet comments about my 2011 "Mom's Here" post, I thought I would share last year's "Mom's Here" moment!   My Mom was welcomed in to Heaven on Christmas Eve, 2009, which makes this time of year a little bittersweet.   When it was time to start Christmas shopping last year, it took a bit of willpower to get into the mood but I set out to do my best.  When you live in the Phoenix area with over 4 million people,  you can imagine the amount of traffic and how likely it is to see the same vehicle several miles away, several hours later, well, this is what happened ...at the main road by our house, there was a car stopped in front of me at the light with a personalized license plate that read "Rejoice". I had never seen the car before and it made me smile. I went about my day, shopping and driving all over the place. Several hours later and quite a few miles from home, I came to a stop at a traffic light and who do you think was in front of me?! "Rejoice"! I laughed right out loud, looked up to Heaven and said "okay, I get it!"...I decided to spend the rest of the Holiday rejoicing! I have never seen that car again, either!  God's orchestration of our footsteps never ceases to amaze me.  I hope I will continue to be blessed this time of year with little surprises that remind me of Mom's presence and I pray God will Bless You  abundantly, as well!  Merry Christmas!   Hugs,  Janice

10 comments:

  1. Aww, what a lovely moment. Hope you're rejoicing this year too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Janice. And yes I really do know how unlikely it would be to see that car twice in this big city. There are no coincidences. Rejoice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know and what is strange is I have never seen it again! I look for it at the corner I first saw it and since I put 20,000 miles a year on my car, I just assumed I would see it somewhere over the past year but nope! There really are no coincidences and I am rejoicing! :O) Hugs, Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww isn't that wonderful?! I agree with Joanne and believe there are no coincidences...You were meant to receive that message! And what a wonderful one to share too *winks* I'm about to go "Rejoice" with a nice cuppa tea *winks* Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is wonderful, Vanna! It makes me smile every time I think of it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely experience:) I understand how you felt about this time of year. My mum passed away in 2003 on December 30th. She was very active and healthy right up til a few days before she passed away. She was 90 so I guess it was her time. Have a Merry Christmas:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, MaryAnn, then you do understand. I'm sorry for your loss and I hope you will rejoice with me this Holiday Season! Big hugs. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Janice, what an awesome experience. I love hearing when these special things happen. It reminds me that our loved ones are always near.:)
    Merry Christmas, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really grateful for these little things, Gail, they make me smile and they are a wonderful reminder ;O) Merry Christmas! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to comment. xxxx