Thursday, December 8, 2011

Candy Bar Wrapper - Inexpensive, Quick Stocking Stuffer idea!

I had so much fun sharing my hat tutorial last week that I thought I would share another little ditty I make!  I've been making these candy bar wrappers for quite a few years, too, and thought you might be interested in using the idea for a quick, inexpensive gift!   Each photo describes how I made my candy bar wrapper but you can make substitutions - this is simply an idea I thought I would share!   Hugs, Janice





I just finished the two below - they are both made from an illustration of two birds, one printed out on glossy photo paper while the other is printed on cardstock.   Just an example of a couple other ideas for your candy bar wrappers!   They can be shared year round - just choose different postcards/photos!  Have fun!




19 comments:

  1. Janice, it is really tempting to receive this special handmade packing, sure i will keep this if i got one ;P
    many bear hugs for sharing this inspiring juice.
    wish you have a sweet Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Susana! I hope you have a sweet Christmas, too! Hugs, Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty awesome Blogging-Site vielen Dank an Sie für die gemeinsame Nutzung dieser liebenswerten Ort ...

    Geschenkideen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so nice and sweet :) Great and clever idea. Kids and adults will love to receive them as gifts.
    Janice, did u machine along the fabric side? Pic 5 shows sewing along side but not in pic 3.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, ladies! Esther, I did decide to stitch along the edges as I felt it was a bit too plain beforehand! I'm making a more modern one now that I'll post pics of when I'm done :O) Hugs, Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.. this is super pretty Janice. Love it (*^^*)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You could make them nice and personal. Good idea.
    Hugs
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for letting me know you like the idea! Joanne, do you recognize the postcard?
    Hugs, Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Candy schmandy! These wrappers are much to pretty for any old candy bar! *winks* I'd never want to eat the candy and ruin it!What a lovely gift! Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! Thank you for sharing this - must admit if someone gave this to me I wouldn't want to open it even though Lindt is my favourite chocolate!!
    Have a good weekend.
    Hugs Lyn x

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL, Lyn! Well, you can push the candy bar right through, eat it and keep the wrapper! :O) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very neat idea and the candy looks good too:) Yum Yum

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you print it on (printable) fabric, would this not be easier?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it would be a whole lot easier but I love using mixed media with the photo or card art mixed with the buttons, flowers, beads, etc. with the backdrop being fabric! I would love to see a picture if you make one with the card printed on the fabric! Hugs, Janice

      Delete

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to comment. xxxx