Monday, April 2, 2012

A Grandmother's Love ...

It's been over 2 years since Mom passed away and I still miss her so very much.  "They" say with time, it will get easier (whoever "They" are, I'm assuming they are people who have lived through it and can attest that what they profess is true) but there have still been so many times when I look to Heaven and tell her I wish she were here and ask her out loud "what would you do Mom?"   Just saying it out loud helps me feel better.  My grown daughter has been having some difficult times lately and I have asked God and Mom to watch over her.  Well, this past weekend, I believe Mom was doing just that.   Early Saturday morning, my daughter was sitting next to an open window with just a screen separating her from the outdoors.  It was very quiet and she said she whispered through the screen "I love you Grandma ... I miss you" - she said at that very moment, a hummingbird appeared out of nowhere, with fluttering wings, suspended in midair within inches of my daughter's face.  She said the little bird stayed right there for what seemed a few minutes.  Mom loved all birds but hummingbirds were her very favorite -so much so, that we had one carved in the corner of her gravestone.  Such a special, loving reminder that we are not alone, that even though our loved ones are no longer with us here on Earth, their love lingers to help us through our difficult times.   Here's to better days, my dear daughter.  Just knowing Grandma is here has to help tremendously.   All our love, Grandma and Mom

18 comments:

  1. What a lovely story, hope things look up for your daughter soon

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Katy. I have faith they will <3 Hugs, Janice

      Delete
  2. Hi Janice, I talk to my mum often, I make one of her recipes and ask her about it. Or the grandchildren have achieved and I know how proud she would have been. If there were problems it was something you would nut out together over a coffee or the phone. That never goes away and I wouldn't want it to. It is just that you don't cry every time you think of her.
    My mum dies 23 years ago.
    I'm sure she is there helping your daughter.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That helps me feel so much better, Kay, knowing that you still talk to your Mom after 23 years! I'm glad to know that asking her for advice never goes away! Thank you for sharing. xoxo, Janice

      Delete
  3. Your story brought tears to my eyes. I do believe they are with us. When my dad passed away we saw Eagles everywhere. Circling over us many times. I know it was from my dad letting him know he was watching over us.
    I'm sure your mom is right there with your daughter. What a lovely story.
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lynn, for sharing about your Dad and the eagles. What a wonderful testimony to undying love <3 xoxo, Janice

      Delete
  4. Oh Janice, this is so beautiful it makes me tear up. There is so much we don't really understand, we just have to have faith and know it is there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you understand, Joanne. When she told me about it, I had chills. I have talked to Mom about her so much lately. I felt this was confirmation that Mom knows of her struggles and she is there :o) Hugs, Janice

      Delete
  5. Hugsssss to U Janice♥♥♥... I love all your heart warming stories n feels them. I truly believe God & your mum are always watching over U & everyone at home.
    Love u,
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Esther <3 Love you, too! xoxo, Janice

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful story. I get little things like that now and then. My "Grandpops" passed away shortly after my son was born and he recognizes him in pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Jennifer, isn't that amazing? Another account of a grandparent's love! <3 Hugs, Janice

      Delete
  7. a wonderful story, thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miracles are around us everyday if we tune into them Janice and I believe that that beautiful daughter of yours has just witnessed one of them. I have no doubt your precious mom watches over you all as well. Life is so much more than we could possibly comprehend, but it refreshes the soul to the possibilities to hear a story like yours. Thank you so much for sharing it. <3 Wishing you and your sweet girl a journey full of blessings and love. Love you xo 3<3<3 xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Christine, the miracles are definitely around us and sometimes we get caught up in the physical and lose sense of the spiritual. Thank you so much for your kind wishes for us :o) Love you, too, dear friend <3<3<3

      Delete
  9. Allie sent me... I'm so pleased she did
    :-) X X X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sending her, Allie! I'm so happy you did, too <3

      Delete

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to comment. xxxx