Sunday, November 11, 2012

Lilly, the Winter Wonderland kitty!

The idea of making a "white on white" kitty hit me over a week ago and I couldn't wait to get started on her!    Lilly, the Winter Wonderland kitty, is the result of that idea.   She is made of longer pile viscose fabric, it's so soft and pretty.  She has taxidermy eyes and corded lids.   She wears the sweetest little hand crocheted dress and booties made by a lady in Australia (I'm sorry to say I do not know her name.  I purchased the dress from a friend of hers at a doll and bear show in Phoenix last week).  She did a remarkable job crocheting this wee little outfit, though, and Lilly wears it proudly  :o)  I made her little wool felt cushion accented with satin, silk and rayon flowers with seed beads sewn on, as well.  Her little "balloon" also is decorated with seed beads and silk and satin flowers.  

Have a lovely day!  Hugs & Blessings, Janice

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kay. I appreciate you taking the time to comment. xxxx

      Delete
  2. Dear Janice,

    I'm so sorry I didn't get to meet you yesterday, but getting to meet one of your creations was delightful. Joanne brought your bunny and it is absolutely adorable and so well made. I'm in awe of ladies like you and Joanne. Many healing thoughts to you and your family and I hope to meet you in the near future.

    Hugs,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much, Meri. I appreciate your kind thoughts. Thank you for your nice compliment on my bunny, too! I am in awe of Joanne's art, as well. She is so clever and creative. I am looking forward to using your tutorial to make my own wreath and I'll post pictures here! Thanks again for sending along the form with Joanne and I do hope we can meet soon! Hugs, Janice

      Delete
  3. Just the sweetest little kitty ever! Reminds me of my first kitty Fluffy! so Purrrrfect!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment, Lynn! Hugs, Janice

      Delete
  4. Janice - Lilly is the most ADORABLE kitty!!! (I just want to reach into the screen and pick her up). Lots of HUGS, Ece...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ece! I'm looking forward to seeing your wee ones for the show later today! xxxx

      Delete

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to comment. xxxx