Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Finally Finished!

I finally finished my little bunny who has been in the works for about 3 weeks - using my friend, Joanne Livingston (Desert Mountain Bears) technique, I needle felted areas of her face and around her eyes and then rooted individual strands of synthetic fur in colors of gray, tan and white.  There are still tweaks I will make to the pattern when I make my next bunny (shortening her front feet and trimming the fabric back from her paws) but all in all, I do like how she turned out!   I am stumped for my next project!  I saw a lovely photo of a fox that a friend posted on facebook and since then, foxes have been roaming around in my mind ... I think I will allow that fox to step out of my mind and in to the fabric soon!   I hope you have a lovely, creative day!   Hugs & Blessings, Janice
 


14 comments:

  1. Wow!! You did a great job on the bunny!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Janice,

    Excellent! This bunny looks like it could jump right out of the photo and into the cabbage patch. Very lovely and a nice accomplishment.

    Good luck with the auction (though I'm quite certain you won't need it!)

    ~ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so very much, Cheryl, Ginger and Mary Ann (sounds like part of the Gilligan's Island crew! lol!) for your kind comments! Ebay has not been the best place for me to sell after taking a few years off, but I like to try every 5 or 6 weeks in hopes of getting noticed by the ebay bidders again. Hugs & Blessings, Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow she is amazing.So realistic.
    Congratulations.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Kay. I am so glad you think she looks realistic ;o) Hugs, Janice

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness, Janice--she is beautiful! What a lovely face, and her fur is luscious. Pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much, Debora. I do love the faux fur, it's so soft! Hugs, Janice

      Delete
  6. She is such a beautiful bunny. I think her face is so soft and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Joanne, and thank you for the idea of re-rooting the strands back in to the needle felted areas. I have done it before but each time I do it, I like the results more and more! Hugs, Janice

      Delete
    2. I love how you rerooting several colors. They just blend so beautifully and give this bunny such a sweet face. It's so inspiring to see artists put so much time into these babies

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much for your kind compliment. It was a lot of fun trying to get the colors on her face just so! Hugs, Janice

      Delete

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to comment. xxxx