Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Sidetracked ... Again!

What fun I'm having getting sidetracked with creative outlets other than my bears!   This time, I decided to give a go at making an altered bottle.  I found this really amazing glass bottle with a stopper and as lovely as it was being clear glass, I wanted to see what it would look like painted.  So, out came the trusty Annie Sloan Old White chalk paint and her clear and dark waxes, as well.  After painting and waxing the bottle, I decided to add some vintage lace, millinery flowers, silk rayon ribbons and a pretty faux pearl and rhinestone brooch.  The idea came from Pinterest (though I haven't seen any like this, there are plenty of altered bottles).  I had so much fun, I plan to make more in a couple months (if I can find some unique bottles).  I'm sure I will be able to find something at the local antique mall!  Stay tuned, there may be more bottles to come.   Back to the bears now ... I'm planning a small gallery October 1st - just around the corner!  Have a wonderful evening!  Hugs & Blessings,   Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to comment. xxxx